Sunday, February 22, 2026

Set design

 So as I established in past posts, the set is going to be my room. This will be established as Lucas' room in my film opening. 

For the set I wanted to create some origami butterflies to hang up and put as decoration in his room. I want this to represent his favorite animal so it can stand as the symbolism I wanted the butterflies to be. The reason I want the butterflies to be very subtle is because I want it to stand as foreshadowing to the end of the movie where he would technically have changed as a person and live better. I love endings like this and when characters end up like that so I wanted to foreshadow that he was able to change and feel better as if he did have that ending if this was a true complete film.





Another thing about the set is the things he will be interacting with. Lucas will be turning off the string lights in his room. The string lights will represent how he acts when he is not alone, as they are yellow lights they represent how he masks himself and behaves happy for others. The lights turning off and being turned off by Lucas can also represent him shutting down and feeling numb and doing this without using words but by actions and symbolism.

Tomorrow is when I film so everything I have been talking about will be shown tomorrow and honestly, I'm really excited to finally finish this project. I don't say this because I want it to end but because I want this project to finish so I can see what everything I've learned in this class can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My film opening, Creative Critical Reflection #1, and my Creative Critical Reflection #2

 Here is my film opening and both of my CCR productions! this is the link to the google drive:  My film opening and both of my CCRs