Last class we had a group meeting which pretty much means we would get into groups and give our peers insight on what we think of their idea and any recommendations or constructive criticism we might have for them. I was put into a group with 6 other students named Cristina, Benjamin, Noah, Emily, Clara, and Juan.
Notes about their ideas
- benjamin’s opening
- Thriller idea that starts with a guy walking in a park and there is a phone on a bench that is being called
- social realism idea - i think it's a good idea
- He doesn’t have any idea on what to do after the phone rings in his opening - I think he could do a transition to the character in his house and be able to continue from there.
- He doesn’t really enjoy his social realism idea however I told him it might be better to use than the thriller idea
- noah’s opening
- drama film about a kid with a bad background who is quite the delinquent, he plans on opening with the kid smoking a cigarette but cannot have an underage actor smoke a cigarette
- I gave suggestions of how to film his cigarette scene, he wants to show a kid smoking, I said to include an ashtray and others said to include a cigarette being put out and I liked that idea as well.
- Another suggestion I gave was the setting taking place in a poorly maintained parking lot since he wants the kid to be from a bad background and there isn’t many bad neighborhoods where he can record safely nearby.
- juan
- He wants to do a sci-fi idea where a scientist has glasses that malfunction and he sees into the future for 5 days and he ends up seeing his death
- I asked him how he intends to transition him putting his glasses on to him seeing his death and he said he wanted to do an idea like coherence
- besides his idea with transitioning and his general idea i did not have much more input for him
- emily
- She wants to do a thriller idea in a car driving scene where the driver's phone keeps ringing and he turns it over and ignores it and the girl he is driving with asks him about it and he can't tell her who it is
- our group told her that he idea might not meet the required time and we were giving her some ideas to extend it
- I gave her an idea on how to extend the time of her scene as well as incorporate her credits while slowly introducing the opening
suggestions for my opening
My idea was about a teenager dealing with depression and other mental health issues and I told them that I was struggling how to record a scene where the character's friends are leaving and he is inside his house. I wanted some input on how I could go about recording it while trying to capture the lighting behind each character. My group told me I could make the depression stem from past issues such as loss of a loved one or harmful parents. I think I might go with this idea to try and give my character as much depth as possible to really develop him. I think this idea could work well if i have some scenes where he remembers his past and it causes him distress.

No comments:
Post a Comment